Sunday, April 1, 2012

Crispin - On TAP!

Yesterday, I had a most wonderful time at Jana Oliver's book signing for the third book in her Demon Trappers series, Forgiven.  After her talk and signing at Barnes and Noble, a group of us adjourned to the pub, Firkin and Gryphon for a celebratory dinner and drinks.  You can imagine my surprise when I saw Crispin Cider  - ON TAP! 


Jana's newly released book - the third in the Demon Trappers series!
I excitedly ordered my pint of Crispins and was asked if I wanted it over ice - woohoo!  A pub outside of Ireland that actually knew how to server cider.   I have to be honest, in Ireland they only give you ice with the bottled and can cider - if it is on tap, they just pour it straight.  Soon, my beautiful cider arrived and I marveled and drooled a little at the glass:

Notice the beautiful - Crispin - on the glass


The Compnay:
I've reviewed the Crispin/Fox Barrel company before, so I'll refer you back to my previous post for more about them but just know they use real apples and strive for excellent ingredients with no colorants, sorbate or benzoate preservatives. They are my current favorite of craft cider brewers.

Reflections:
It was lovely - it tasted exactly how I expected - crisp with a good, strong apple taste. The taste remained good through out my evening of chatting and dinner. It was smooth without the bite of other draught ciders. I would have one of these again in a heartbeat - matter-of-fact I would go back to the Firkin and Gryphon to do so!

Scoring:
Sweetness: 7
Tartness: 5
Smoothness: 9
Fruit Flavor: 8
Carbonation: 9
Gluten free: Yes!

Overall: 9
Amazing - and so happy to have another choice on draught!

No comments:

Post a Comment