Monday, December 19, 2011

Revisiting Kopparberg Pear

We're enjoying an evening meal at Taco Mac and of course there are adult beverages to enjoy. My husband and Gariath are enjoying Full Sail Amber and Wassail while I'm enjoying a small bottle of Kopparberg pear.

This cider brings back memories of Norway - particularly of a bar in Oslo. The thing is now that nostalgia has worn off, I'm wondering if it is too sweet. They actually add sugar to it as well as carbonated water. I think Fox Barrel has spoiled me.

I'm hoping it will go well with my buffalo tenders that are headed my way. The $6 price tag for 12 ounces and the 210 calories may make buying it out a rarity.

Later...
I will say it did go well with the buffalo tenders. The sweetness helped the heat, and I'm inclined to drink it again when eating spicy foods.

I'm going to revise my original ratings of this cider, now that my nostalgia glasses have been removed.

Scoring:
Sweetness: 10
Tartness: 6
Smoothness: 8
Fruit flavor: 9
Carbonation: 6
Alcohol content: 5.5%

Overall: 7
A very sweet cider best paired with dessert or spicy foods or nostalgic Norway moments.

No comments:

Post a Comment